Business Solutions for Tier 1 Entrepreneur and Investor Visas
Nuobello Business Solutions is a business advisory division of Nuobello Holdings Limited.
Nuobello Business Solutions provides a range of business services to enable UK Entrepreneur or Investor Visa applicants to meet the requirements to obtain the respective visas for entry into the UK.
Changes to the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa scheme made in January 2013 now require Business Plans and Market Studies to accompany the visa application.
Nuobello Business Solutions is well positioned to provide applicants with these new requirements. Our services include:
Nuobello Business Solutions works closely with its Clients to understand their needs, requirements and specific investment criteria. We can present a range of pre-qualified investments that:
- Comply with the Entrepreneur visa guidelines; and
- Are examined and evaluated by our team of experts
What do we do to evaluate investments?
Nuobello Business Solutions ensures each Business:
- Is of good financial standing;
- Has a good performance and management track record of generating healthy cash flows;
- For recommended franchise business opportunities, full assessment of franchise model and franchisor is performed;
For companies we have selected which require an injection of funds to enable expansion, we will select based on an analysis of the business to ensure that cash flows and increase in employee numbers resulting from the expansion are sufficient to meet the requirement of the investors.
Changes to the UK Border Agency legislation requires all Entrepreneur visa applications to be accompanied by a Business Plan.
Nuobello Business Solutions has a team of senior chartered accountants who can prepare Business Plans to meet the requirements of:
- The UK Border Agency. Changes to legislation now require a business plan to accompany the visa application.
- Banks, if finance should be required.
- General operational planning. Whether legislation or banks specifically require business plans, we believe successful businesses should develop and manage their business via a detailed business plan that covers every aspect of the operation.
What is required in preparing a Business Plan?
- Detailed analysis of company's historical financial information
- Analysis of company's budgets and forecasts, if available
- Market Study - detailed understanding of company's business
and the market in which it operates
- Cash flow analysis
- Analysis of company's assets and liabilities
- Analysis of existing management and staff, if applicable.
- Detailed review and analysis of the proposed business, including:
- Company and management structure
- Product or service lines
- Financial projections
- Cash flow and funding requirements
- Understanding of the market in which the business will operate
- Analysis of similar company financials
- Licenses, registrations and other regulatory requirements
- Detailed review and analysis of the franchise business
- Understanding of the market in which the business will operate
- Review of franchisor and franchise agreement
- Analysis of similar franchise financial information
Nuobello Business Solutions can provide a full range of advice and assistance in setting up a business in the UK in the following areas, if required:
Entry Strategy advice
Investment advice can include:
- How to set up a business
- Tax and other regulatory obligations and tax planning advice, with exit strategies in mind
- Training in financial systems, record keeping and reporting
- Management reporting and preparation of accounts
- Perform, train or advise on budget setting and managing cash flows
- Advice on Capital Structures
- Determining the best capital structure to suit the investor’s requirements
- Debt or equity or a combination of both?
- Drafting and advising on shareholder agreements
Exit Strategy advice
For an equity investment in share capital of a company once the Indefinite Leave to Remain has been obtained:
- Negotiate with other shareholders in the company to purchase the shares at a fair price; or
- Identify external buyers of the shares by:
- Utilising the service of an agent; or
- Selling to a new Entrepreneur Visa applicant.
For Unsecured Loans, once the Indefinite Leave to Remain has been obtained, Nuobello Business Solutions will work with the investor to return their investment. This can be achieved by:
- Operating cash flows from the business;
- Refinancing the unsecured loan with bank finance;
- Refinancing the unsecured loan with another Entrepreneur Visa applicant; or
- Selling an underlying asset owned by the Business to repay the amount owing to the investor.
When investing in a business, there are two types of due diligence that are often performed to better understand the business and reduce any risk involved with purchasing the investment.
Financial Due Diligence
Once an investment has been selected, we recommend that a detailed financial due diligence be performed.
- This is not compulsory
- Provides further piece of mind that the business being acquired confirms to the understanding obtained in the business plan process.
- The amount of work performed and cost of the due diligence is generally linked to the size and complexity of the investment.
Legal Due Diligence
If the investor requires a legal due diligence on the business being invested in, Nuobello Business Solutions can coordinate this through our extensive network of legal professionals.
Nuobello Business Solutions can process the purchase of your business, which will include:
- Establishing a company (where required)
- Finalising the sale and purchase agreement
- Finalising the franchise agreement (where applicable)
- Obtaining all required business registrations (eg. VAT)
If required, Nuobello Business Solutions can monitor the progress of your investment.
Open, Transparent Communication
- We will communicate regularly with you and the appointed immigration lawyers
- We will monitor and manage the requirements of the Entrepreneurial Visa to ensure that all requirements are being met by the business
- We will produce six-monthly progress reports to update you on your investment
Assistance with your financial and tax reporting obligations
- If required, we will assist you to perform tax and financial reporting, including
- VAT returns
- Income tax returns
- Annual return lodgement
- We will monitor the number of days required to be in the UK to ensure that this condition is being met.
Indicative fees for an investment in a business between £200,000 and £300,000
|Identification and selection of business||£3,000|
|Prepare Business Plan to meet:
|Market Study as required by the UK Border Agency||£3,000|
|Financial Due Diligence||1.0% of investment|
|Setting up business / business advisory||On application|
|Processing the purchase of the Business||£3,000|
|Annual service fee||£1,000 pa|
Tailored quotes will be provided for an investment in a business in excess of £300,000.
* Note: the three business plan options, A, B & C are not mutually exclusive. If Option B is chosen, the business plan price includes UK Border Agency requirements. If Option C is included, this price includes preparation of business plan for both the bank and UK Border Agency submissions.