NuoBello offers a range of services from sourcing, negotiating and appointing Hotel Management companies, to acting as the owners representative in overseeing the performance of the Hotel Management Companies, to implementing or enhancing management information systems for hotel owners.
Our hotel management services include:
Effectively performing the role of identifying the best possible brand, on the best possible terms is an area of expertise for the NuoBello team. Having previously worked closely with the Brand Management Companies (BMC) of Starwood, Dusit Thani, Banyan Tree, Outrigger and Best Western for over 10 years in negotiating and managing hotel management contracts, as well as having been involved on the side of the BMC, having been senior executives in the Banyan Tree Group, provides NuoBello with a full understanding of the mentality of a BMC and how to best negotiate on your behalf.
The process involves 4 stages:
- Fully understand all the components of the resort – design, facilities, construction status, funding, ability to adapt the design, etc.
- Identify as many BMC’s that would be willing to manage the Resort. The objective will be to obtain as many alternatives as possible and create a long list of brands.
- Negotiate the best terms with each of the BMC’s and assess which ones would be the best options and create a shortlist for recommendation to the owners.
- Act as the Owners Representative with the BMC once appointed throughout the construction period until the handover of the resort to the BMC to commence operations.
The role of an Owner's Representative is to save the owner potentially millions of dollars by being the link and single point of contact for the Owner between the Construction Company, Brand Management Companies (BMC) and Property Owners of the hotel property sales. When there are going to be multiple properties in the resort that will be sold, the ability to achieve the right brand to manage the resort will be enhanced if Owners appoint an Owners Representative.
The BMC is motivated primarily to achieve the best quality of hotel to represent its brand, regardless of cost of construction. The Owners on the other hand are usually financially driven, which can result in minimizing the cost of construction and maximizing operating results, which may be at the expense of the quality of the hotel. By appointing an Owners Representative who is very experienced in the hotel industry, and is respected by the BMC, this will greatly assist in balancing the objectives of the Owner and the BMC to achieve the best possible resort at the best possible price with great financial savings on behalf of the Owner.
NuoBello has the experience to accomplish these roles to the highest possible standard having performed the following:
- Worked closely with the BMC’s of Starwood, Dusit Thani, Banyan Tree, Outrigger and Best Western in negotiating and managing hotel management contracts for over 10 years.
- Been involved on the side of the BMC, having been senior executives in the Banyan Tree Group, and hence fully understanding the mentality of a BMC.
- Acted as Owners Representative for Laguna Resorts and Hotels, Plc., with responsibility over 8 hotels for more than 10 years.
- Established and managed Property Owner Services for over 700 owners in Laguna Phuket and hundreds of property owners in respective Banyan Tree Residences located around the world.
An effective Management Information System (“MIS”) is critical in managing the performance of the hotel and in assisting management to make correct and timely decisions on a daily basis.
An effective Management Information System (“MIS”) allows for:
- Regular, timely and accurate reporting of key performance indicators (“KPI”s) of the performance of the hotel, to both its Senior Management and its Owners
- Comparison of the KPI’s with other hotels in the industry in order to benchmark the performance of the hotel and identify areas of strength that need to be sustained and areas of weakness for which action plans can formulated and implemented in order to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Detailed analysis of the financial and operating statistics of each of the operating divisions of the hotel to ensure that each division is maximizing its efficiency and profitability, and identify areas where profitability can be enhanced.
And an effective MIS system that facilitates an improved allocation of resources will result in substantial dollars being added to the profitability of the hotel.
The services offered by NuoBello will vary depending upon the current status of the MIS system of each individual hotel.
The range of services that can be provided are as follows:
- A complete review of the current MIS system and reporting structure of the hotel, providing recommendations for improvement;
- For hotels which have unstructured accounting reports and are difficult to interpret – a full implementation of an MIS system can be performed
- Improved report formats of the key performance indicators that will facilitate management to easily analyse and interpret the components of the performance of the hotel in order to assist in making decisions;
- Oversee the monthly or quarterly preparation of the management reports to ensure that the contents are accurate and are provided on timely basis.
- Perform the detailed analysis of the reports prepared (on quarterly, half yearly or annual basis), providing:
- Detailed recommendations to the management for follow up / implementation
- Areas where further drill down and investigation is required
- An overview report to the owners of the Hotel
- Benchmark the KPI’s against other hotels within the industry
- Assist in the annual budget process